Here I am. Twelve days postpartum. We’ve done this a time or two before, but I still find myself wondering, will there be wedded bliss after baby?
Hormones, lack of sleep, the demands of nursing a newborn and the needs of five other kids is taking its toll on my sanity, needless to say my connection to my husband. Really, it has only been twelve days, but I find the chasm set by the newborn sleeping between us is deep and wide.
So I am digging into my mental archives to remember how to jump this hurdle. This is what I have come up with.
- Recommit to focusing on him… and by him I mean the husband not the baby.
- Make it a point to do something to serve him
- Spend time together listening and talking
- Date. Even if it’s at home after the kids go to bed
- Release the stress and laugh again
- Get a shower and get dressed again
I would love to hear some of your suggestions to re-bonding with your husband after baby arrives.