My kids have been out of school for a week. As we embark summer time, it is easy to fall into a boring routine of playing video games, watching TV and maybe playing outside if it’s not too hot. But this summer let’s commit to unplugging and have a real family adventure. Let this summer be a time of learning new things and growing together as a family.
Think outside the box. You don’t have to spend a lot of money. You don’t have to travel very far. Just try something new… together. And have fun!
“I will be filled with joy because of you” (Psalm 9:2).
If you don’t have kids of your own go borrow some!
Free & Cheap Ideas
- Cook a new recipe together
- Hike at a local state park
- WATER! Anything with water (beach, water guns, slip and slide, water balloons)
- Go to a museum. Most towns have a local historical society with volunteers who know obscure stories of places you see everyday.
- Go camping in your back yard
- Make a campfire and tell spooky stories
- Research family genealogy
- Get crafty
- Play in the rain
- Make a family story book
- Be creative