Sometimes I wonder in my life if I have been a Christian Atheist. I call myself a Christian but my lack of faith in the Christ says different. I wonder what my failing trust, my disbelief and my wandering heart say. Do they say I am a Christian? A follower of the risen Christ? Or does my life say, I really don’t believe. I am an atheist.
I mean this Jesus overcame death. He overcame death. He was dead. Then he wasn’t. Is anything impossible that Jesus? Do I walk in the expectation that I serve a God of the impossibles? Or do I cautiously tread in a God of “maybes” and “don’ts.”
Today I remember:
He is a present God.
- “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Heb. 13:5
- “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Mt. 28:20
- God is… an ever-present help in trouble. Ps. 46:1
He is an active God.
- We stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead. And he did rescue us from mortal danger, and he will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in him, and he will continue to rescue us. 2 Cor. 1: 9-10
He is an attentive God.
- I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Ps. 116:1
- Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Jm. 4:8
He is a victorious God.
- Rejoice, O people of Zion! Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious… Zech. 9:9
- “Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne.” Rev. 3:21
He is a living God.
- …For our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers. 1 Tim. 4:10
- It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Heb. 10:31
“I do believe; help my unbelief.” Mark 9:24